We are a proud Sustainable Salons member!
Through this nationwide program we recycle 95% of our salon waste.
Here’s how they do it:
- All hair clippings get turned into hair booms to soak up oil spills
- All our plastic bottles and product containers as well as soft plastics are recycled into garden furniture
- All our foil and metal colour tubes are recycled and sold - aluminium is infinitely recyclable - and the proceeds are given to programs to feed the homeless
- Donated ponytail of 20cm or longer are sent to The Alopecia Foundation to make wigs
- All paper and cardboard is recycled
- You can bring your empty product bottles back to us to be recycled
- Sustainable Salons charges $3 per client for this service and this is added to your appointment
In addition to this we do what we can everyday to minimise our impact
- We compost our food waste
- We buy refills for in salon products and cleaning products
- We use Eco Heads Shower Heads at the basin to reduce water use
- We air dry our towels
- We use grey water safe, eco friendly cleaning products
- We stock products that use post consumer recycled plastic for their bottles
- The majority of our products are vegan and cruelty free
- We use compostable bags instead of plastic wrap where needed
- We use loose leaf teas and offer plant based milk
- We offer refills on some of our hair care products
We are always looking for new ways to do better. There is no planet B!